Sunday, August 4, 2019

A Káchor Páh


Created by Printable Scenery.


The tall pieces stand about 3" high,
 and the medium sized ones are about 2".


The smaller sections are about 1" high.


L-to-R: Gringo 40s Maya, Lucid Eye Maxzan, 
Jaguar Tribe, and Wargames Foundry Aztec.


L-to-R: Lucid Eye Jaguar Tribe, Maxzan and 
Gringo 40s Maya.


L-to-R: Lucid Eye Jaguar Tribe and Maxzan.


The ruler shown is 6" long.



The table is 42" in diameter.




The Káchor tribes are described in a single line entry in M.A.R. Barker's novel "The Man of Gold", where their brightly feathered costumes are mentioned. Beyond that we know they live in the Chákan forests and that, as they are apparently clients or tenants of the Temple of Thúmis, they are possibly opposed to their neighbours, the Íto clan.

Because of their description I use Maya and Aztec figures as proxies, which I source from Gringo 40s, Lucid Eye (Jaguar Tribe and Maxzan ranges), Wargames Foundry and Outpost Wargames Services. There may be others out there that I am forgetting. Like: Paymaster Games, for example!

The Maori Pa is designed by Printable Scenery, but as I don't own a 3D printer I used the "Get It Printed" button which took me to Grym Forge here in Canada. I ordered the full palisade set which is what you see arrayed on my table. I forgot about that nifty gate! I'll have to ask about ordering that...

I don't know how I stumbled on it, but as soon as I saw Printable Scenery's Maori Pa I realized it would be perfect for my Káchor tribes. I've changed the name to Páh, which in My Tékumel will be the Káchor word for home or something like that. Note that Pa! actually means "Look!" in Tsolyáni.

No comments:

Post a Comment