Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Art of François Miville-Deschênes

Just discovered this guy yesterday! He's French so you might have to source Google translate or Babelfish, but I think it is well worth it , even if it ends up a little garbled.

Anyway, it seems he has been working on a fantasy graphic novel about Amazons - I haven't translated all the passages - this is just what I can glean from the pictures. It's called Reconquêtes - if you follow the appropriate tag at the side you watch how it has been developing.

The cool thing is that it isn't even published yet! It's due to be published on June 20th, by Lombard. I'm going to check whether my local comic store can get me a copy.

I think this guy would be great for a Tekumel Graphic novel - though it would cost a fortune. He's not shy about nudity, for one, and for another his scenes are well populated with good attention to the architectural details.

François Miville-Deschênes

Preview

No comments:

Post a Comment