Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another Warrior-Priestess of Karakán...


This time an upcoming figure from Hasslefree Miniatures, sculpted by Kev White.

It's almost perfect! The helmet has a hawk or eagle motif, as does the shield...



Kev's figures are not the over-sized, "heroic" figures that some manufacturers make, and I'm pretty confident that this figure will scale nicely with ours.

As I said, it isn't perfect, however.

Myself, I will be swapping out the sword for something more appropriate for Tékumel and lopping off the scabbard for either another weapon or a bow case and quiver combination which I just happen to have castings for. :-)

I'm going to smooth out the creases in the trews and give her bare legs and maybe gussy up the boots a little to make them a little more exotic looking. I'm not sure if the figure has bare arms - she might be intended to be wearing a long-sleeved tunic. If so, I'll alter that with paint and a bit of filing or perhaps add some short sleeves with greenstuff.

The figure isn't available yet so I'm just going by what I can tell from the pictures, but if that works I'd consider providing a conversion kit (ie. bow case, etc) to Tekumel Club members who wanted to do their own conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment